The head — the doctor of philology, associate professor Ivanov Evgenij Evgenjevich, phone no.
The laboratory was founded in October, 16, 2007. The main goals of its activity are:
- Fundamental, searching and applied research of acute linguistics and linguodidactics problems
- Creation of scientific-methodological supply of linguistic and linguodidactic disciplines
- Arranging scientific events on perspective linguistic and linguodidactic problems
- Arranging students’ scientific research work
The structure of the laboratory is built of the sector of theoretical and applied linguistics, sector of dialectology and areal linguistics, sector of Germanic language studies, sector of Romanic language studies, sector of Slavonic language studies, sector of methodology of teaching English as a second language.
Main spheres of activity:
- The description of nominative and communicative units of Germanic and Slavonic languages as part of the system and in the text (descriptive and comparative aspects)
- Creating scientific-methodological materials for teaching the theory and practice of the English language at High school in the Republic of Belarus
- Studying eastern Slavonic idioms on the background of Slavonic and Germanic languages